Saturday, August 16, 2008

Guess who went camping?


I swallowed back my reservations and let Chet go with Matt, his best friend Tyler, and the other boy scouts on a camping trip this weekend. They are canoeing. I have had terrible images going through my head of that tiny little boat flipping him out. They are hiking, and all I can think of is how tired that will make him. It has been raining. I hope the river is calm. I sent him with his dinner last night, a bag full of his vitamins, and a whole bunch of prayers. I am sure they are having a wonderful time. I know he is thrilled to be earning badges. But I suspect my teeth aren't going to unclench until he gets home safe and sound tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

It's just like us moms to worry, isn't it!? I'm sure the boys are having a great (and safe!) time, but I will send up some extra prayers for God's protection on them. Keep us posted!